Chandeliers which are less than one foot in diameter, are called mini chandeliers or chandelettes. Chandelettes may be considered as a good choice for decorating a small kitchen. Most commonly, the spaces where mini chandeliers are commonly used are bathrooms, over the stairways and foyers.
In some comparatively larger space, but not very large, two mini chandeliers can be hanged to get a good view. In some ceiling decoration, we have observed a design of four or more mini chandeliers in a rectangular position that has made those rooms very elegant and with enough brightness.
If you consider a chandelier for your kitchen ceiling, you must have a short height of that, hanging a chandelier from a big high ceiling is not a good choice, as it will not eliminate maximum light for the whole area. Chain of a chandelier must be short on hanging to get the best result. High or vaulted ceiling needs a big and large chandelier. A large chandelier is expensive too.
One important thing that should be kept in mind in designing a kitchen with chandelier is that the chandeliers are not recommended hanging on the space where there is a lot of traffic.
It may cause bumping of head with the chandelier while passing. This is quiet awkward.
Best 10 Chandelier and Chandelettes That’s Best Fit In You Kitchen:
- Brushed Nickel finish.
- Suspends mini-pendants or chandelettes anywhere desired.
- Includes all required hardware.
- Three different finishes available.
- UL rated for dry, indoor locations.
Uses three 60 watt B10 Cand C incandescent light bulbs
Power supply required: 120 volts
Rated for interior dry installation
Safety certification: UL (Underwriter’s Laboratory) listed
- This Chandeliers is finished in Deep Patina Bronze
- Glass Drops is included with this fixture
- Uses 4 (60W) Medium base bulbs
- There is a limited one year warranty on this fixture
- Contemporary styled 4 light Chandeliers
- Body Dimensions: 28″ Width/OD, 29″ Height
- UL / CSA certified: Rated for Interior
- Requires (9) 100-Watt E26 Medium Base bulbs (not included)
- Alternate item also available in Polished Nickel finish
- Dupioni Silk/ Cotton
- Size: 20″ x 26″ x 20″
- Country of Origin: China
- Base Material: Glass, Metal; Fiber Content: Dupioni Silk, Cotton
- 18-Inch wide x 15-Inch high; 89-Inch overall height when converted to a semi-flush ceiling light the height measures 13-1/2-Inch
- Requires three (3) medium base A19, 100W bulbs
- Comes with 60-Inch of extra lead wire
- Listed to UL/CSA/ETL standards for dry location use
- Coordinates with the entire Elliston collection
- Kichler Lighting 42029CH Crystal Persuasion 5-Light Chandelette, Chrome and White Linen Fabric Shades with Satin-Etched Glass Diffusers
- one size
12 – 40 watt Candelabra bulbs
34.5″”W x 34″”H
- Six Light Chandeliers from the Maria Theresa collection
- Height: 20.00 inches Width: 27.00 inches
- Number of Lights: 6, Bulb(s) Included: No
- Finish: Polished Gold
Lamping – Candelabra
Color of chandeliers plays a vital role in selection. You must maintain a contrast of the color of the chandelier you use with the decor of your room. A smear color treatment will blend the chandelier with your wall background and have a badly effect on the beauty of the kitchen.
Always choose your chandelier with the theme of your kitchen. Using a traditional chandelier in a contemporary kitchen or vice versa is not at all a wise decision. You can choose from some available and popular styles of mini chandeliers like art deco, traditional, Victorian, mission, Asian and Early American etc.
The latest trend of kitchen and home design shows a rising popularity of LED chandeliers. LED technology with its tons of advantages has acquired the leading position of lighting technology and chandeliers are not out of that. This LED chandeliers are energy saver, eco-friendly, with an attractive funky look and very appealing to the new generation people.
However, one drawback of this lighting is that the Led chandeliers are expensive and requires a precious power and heat management technology to install it. Otherwise, this is a very good option for contemporary mood lighting over a dining place or a bar counter.